Sunday, October 31, 2010

Craft Consciousness

I always have a bunch of fiber projects of various types at difffrent stages of progress. I'm an ultra creative person, so I'm always thinking up new ideas about diffrent things etc.


Yarn is particularly dangerous for me because when I look at a ball of yarn I imagine a new project. I might start it and get frustrated or enthralled with something else which will result in it being but aside. So, I'm working hard to finish new projects before I start them.


I'm begining to understand the importance of doing a gauge swatch. Especially since I constantly do yarn subsitutions. I have to because of my budget. I'd love to use the cashmere,silk or ngora yarn, but right now I can't afford it. As a result, my knitting and crocheting techniques need to be more technical to accomadate this skill.


Patience is something I need to develop with my crafting. But because I lack gratification in so many other areas of my life. So, I try to get instant gratification with crafting.


Just the same as time goes bymy crafting expertise has evolved and I'm proud of the work I have produced. Now I just need to market it successfully and sell

No comments:

Post a Comment