Thursday, December 9, 2010

Knitting Up Red Confidence and POWER

For me, confidence plays a key role in me being able to execute and complete complicated or daunting projects. Confidence equals power, because it allows you to access the thing inside of you that jumps starts you into new dynamic realities free from the obstacles of mental oppression. At times I can be painfully shy. Crafting has been my main solace from lives oppression and hardships.

Bearing this in mind, today I did something that ended up being really interesting. I went to a seminar on how to use social media networks for growing your business. It was listed as being for CEO's and a couple of months or years ago I would not even have "thought" I belonged in that category. This is the role that psycho neuro-linguistics plays in limiting our reality about who we are or what we do.

I took the courage to step outside of my comfort zone and check out something that I thought might be interesting and beneficial in terms of improving my business plan. Eureka! It worked. I got a lot of really useful information. I did a little networking. Plus, I got a lot of really good ideas to help me develop effective marketing strategies to grow my craft and tarot business.

I had a hankering to finally knit up the red multi-ribbed scarf pattern in Liz Crompton's book Knitter's Bible. The first time I looked at the pattern I really liked it because it has a lot of texture. It's a series of alternating ribs that create a lofty tactile fabric. Plus using the color red really gives it a nice punch. But then I tried to read the pattern instructions and I got frustrated. Most of my crafting life I sight read patterns, meaning I look at a completed sample and figure out how to knit/crochet the pattern. I find most modern written instructions too confusing. But know armed with a newly developed confidence and patience I carefully read the instructions and scope out the finished sample to complete the project.

Being an entrepreneur is a lot of work. Plus, I'm doing this while looking for a job during the worst economy since the Great Depression, worrying about a dying family member and the effects his death will have on another, grieving over a deceased friend, etc. etc. LIFE Lot's of juggling and prioritizing. Am I going to be able to do it? I'm going to have to if I want to keep moving forward with my life and building my dreams into reality.

Even in this difficult time I've been finding any icon, symbol , talisman I can to help me develop a conduit power a support grid to keep me hanging on. The color red; the strength in it, the meaning of it, working with the red yarn, making up the scarf from this pattern, gives me a thread of hope a guide towards light during this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment